Dead Man’s 300 2017
Simbahang Bato 30k / Matulid Falls 50k
October 15, 2017 (Sunday)
What’s NEW for 2017
1. 70 slots open for 30k.
– no extension
– 1st come / 1 reg basis
2. 30 slots open for 50k.
-for invites only
-for past DM 300 runners
-for Mt. O runners
-14 hours CUTOFF
-less 3km, Mahogany route will be exluded this year
3. No recon run scheduled, new DM runners must be aware of the route itself.
4. Less markers will be setup.
5. No changing of names / No transfer of names
-we want runner to take this race seriously
-we do not WANT TO SEE slots of this race posted for sale
What’s NOT 🙂
1. Registration Fee .
3. For the children of Macaingalan Elementary School.
4. NO Medical Certificate / NO RACE
– Mt.O runners with medcerts are exempted
– Medical certificate MUST be submitted along with the deposit slips
Start / Finish: The Rock Resort, San Isidro, Montalban (Rodriguez Rizal)
Gun start / Cutoff Time: 3:00am start / 5:00pm cutoff (14 hours ) for 50k
4:00am start / 2:00pn cutoff (10 hours) for 30k
1030H (7 hours 30m) = Matulid Falls
1230H (9 hours 30m)= Lubog
1330H (10 hours 30m ) = DM viewdeck
1500H (12 hours) = San Isidro
- Please No haggling, Cutoff is cutoff
- Marshall at Matulid Falls will leave exactly 10:30am (all are expected to LEAVE by 10:30am)
- Runners who does not make it are required to return back to Lubog
- Runners who declare are advise to take the wide road going back to the starting line
- All Runners are expected to LEAVE Lubog by 12nn
- DNF runners can take Habal-habal option at its own expense
How to get to the venue
For Commuters: From Litex Commenwealth, jeep are available 24 hours going to Brgy San Isidro, Montalban. This jeep has a signboard “San Isidro, Harangan, UltraMega” and will directly drop you at the starting line. If coming from Marikina / Sta Lucia, Tricycle are also available 24 hours at Total Gasoline Station and Eastwood (Montalban).
For private vehicle users, coming from Commonwealth take right at Litex and straight ahead along Litex-Payatas road. Pave road going to the venue is worse than trail road, you may opt to take Eastwood Montalban road. You may use waze for your guide and have “UltraMega San Isidro” as your reference, venue is just a river apart from here.
Reg fee: Php 300 for 30k / Php 500 for 50k
Inclusion: Bib, Nutrition (food & water), token
Registration will start on September 15, 2017
Registration is NOT REFUNDABLE and NOT TRANSFERABLE.
- No transfer of names.
- No transfer of category once registration is closed.
- No refund for whatever reason will be provided.
- No reservations of slots.
- No additional slots will be provided once registration closes.
50km Route Map
Highest point: 910masl (simbahang bato)
Lowest point: 30masl (start / finish)
Starting will be at the The Rock Resort, San Isidro, Montalban, Rizal. From there runners take up a 3km pave road going to Sitio Toyang. This will be an uphill climb passing the PNP-SAF camp, runners are advised to watch out for dogs and minimize noise as there are communites along the road. Trail head starts from Sitio toyang, from here its around 7k uphill to Macaingalan. This will we your first aid station (10km).
Another 3km up will bring you to Sio Lubog, this will be your next Aid Staion. All runners will trek up around 1.5km going to the summit of Simbahang Bato. This will be a single track, with a mix of rock-scrambling and buwisbuhay-moves. It would be helpful to give way to all passing runners (ascending and descending). On this section, We encourage everbody to watchful of sharp rocks, slippers mosses and try to NOT to run. Runners will take same trail going back to Sitio Lubog.
50k runners will then run straight to the very end of the road. Approximate distance to the falls is 7km. This would be the most tricky part of the route as there are some forks here that would lead you to Aurora Province and Tanay. Be cautious and vigilant enough to look for trail markings, backtrack to the last marker if in doubt. Along the way, you will lumberjacks (people carrying lumbers for living), it will not cost you much time to stop and give way. Trail after the fork is mostly straighforward, with some clearing because of illegal logging and kaingin. Your first river crossing will tell you your still 2km away from the falls. Rivers here are knee-deep with strong currents. During trek, it usually take us 1 hour to arrive going to the falls. Runners will take the same river going back after taking the u-turn at the falls. Combing back to your first river crossing, you will take a different route. Use the lumber-jack trail (wet route) going back to Lubog. You will be treated with a lot of rivers, mini waterfalls, shaded under tall gren trees. 3k up the river and you will find yourself on the track you use going to the falls. Continue going up and backtrack going to Lubog.
After Lubog Aid Station, runners will take the same trail (some 2km downhill) going to Pulang Lupa Junction. From the junction take right (Balagbag trail) going to DeadMans trailhead, from here trail is straightforward, sharp cogon grass can easily cut your flawless legs.
Some parts of the trails are already covered with moss, choose your step wisely. From here it would be straightforward mostly downhill going to DM viewdeck, this will be your last aid station. 50k runners will take right going to Lukutan Malaki, then make a U-turn at the steel bridge at the end of the Mahogany Forest Reserve then go back up to the this junction. 30k runners will take left instead of right going to Tinabasan Ridge going to Sitio Anginan. Stores are available in both Lukutan (Blue Ridge) and Anginan. At the end of the ridge is Gintong Ilog, follow the river going back to San Isidro. This is about 5km going to the finish Line.
-at least 500mL water
-cash (small stores along the way)
-cellphone with load
-first aid kit
- We promise to bring you the best, cheap, quality race but we expect you to follow our rules. Please train very hard and do not forget your medcert.
- RD will be out of coverage 2-3 days before the event. Feel free to ask questions so we can address them the soonest.
- This is a green event, no cups or any kind will be provided.
- Bib will be given on race day.
- Medical certificate is MANDATORY for all runners, at least 2 weeks prior to the event
- Waiver will be signed before releasing of the bib
- No waiver and medcerts, no race
Train wisely and see you,